Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't Forget to Vote Today!

Elections today . . . kinda hard to tell, but don't forget to vote!! If you need help, here's some tips:

The who what why when where . . . not in that order.

WHAT DO I VOTE FOR
Judges, County Board and School Board and depending upon where you live maybe something else.

WHERE DO I VOTE
City of Madison

Dane County - outside Madison

WHEN DO I VOTE
7 am to 8 pm. The lines should be short no matter when you go!

WHO DO I VOTE FOR
Heh, well, I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for yet for school board or Court of Appeals . . . I don't like my choices, as per usual. Here's some hints and materials to read . . . the only races I feel strongly about are Michael Johnson on campus, Kyle Richmond in S. Madison/Fitchburg.

League of Women Voters

(lean towards)
Progressive Dane Endorsements
Greens Endorsements
Democrats Endorsements
Capital Times Endorsements
Fair Wisconsin
Downtown Madison Inc.

(lean away from)
Wisconsin State Journal Endorsements and Information
Chamber of Commerce Endorsements
Deputies Endorsements
Dane County Public Affairs Council (County Board)
Realtors

(I may find others to add this morning)

WHY SHOULD I VOTE
Um, its the most basic level of democracy. If you don't vote, you can't bitch. Yadda, yadda, yadda. I hope I don't need to convince my readers why . . .

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I couldn't bring myself to vote for Blanchard, too many missed opportunities in that office and his attitude towards enforcing open government and campaign finance laws was too atrocious not to mention his drug policies. I voted for James Howard. And before I get any more grief, in case it isn't obvious, in the constested races if I could, I'd have voted for . . .

    DISTRICT 1
    Scott McDonell (I)

    DISTRICT 3
    Elaine DeSmidt (I)

    DISTRICT 4
    Brett Hulsey (I)

    DISTRICT 5
    Michael Johnson

    DISTRICT 7
    Matt Veldran (I)

    DISTRICT 12
    Paul Rusk(I)

    DISTRICT 15
    Barbara H. McKinney

    DISTRICT 16
    Dave de Felice (I)

    DISTRICT 18
    Melissa Sargent

    DISTRICT 19
    no one

    DISTRICT 20
    Gordon Shea

    DISTRICT 21
    No one

    DISTRICT 24
    Robin Schmidt (I)

    DISTRICT 26
    Sharon Corrigan

    DISTRICT 27
    Kyle Richmond (I)

    DISTRICT 28
    Bob Green

    DISTRICT 30
    Patrick Downing (I)

    DISTRICT 33
    Sam Cooke

    DISTRICT 34
    Patrick Miles (I)

    DISTRICT 35
    Denise Duranczyk (I)

    There was two races that I know nothing about the race, but would have voted against the incumbent.

    I was voter number 11 at 9:15. 12 was just walking in. I had a lovely chat with the poll workers, ended up late for work. Bad Brenda.

    ReplyDelete